Business tours have now become quite a common thing in every corporate sector. But not all employees are sent on corporate tours rather only skilled ones are chosen for the purpose. Those employees having the capability and experience of handling the corporate clients well are mostly chosen for these tours. These employees are sent only under a proper business travel management.
Five key elements:
1. There should be a proper business travel management otherwise the employees cannot have a smooth and convenient business at all. In this case, a corporate travel-manager should be hired for booking the flight tickets, hotels, transportation and others. He should make all the necessary arrangements for preserving the comfort level of the employees you are sending. All the bookings should be made in advance for avoiding last-moment hitches.
2. Fixing appointments with the clients is very much necessary before arranging anything of the corporate-tour. You should communicate with your client properly over the call so that your employee can attend the meeting in a much fruitful manner. You should make necessary arrangements for lunch or dinner and other necessary arrangements for carrying on the meeting smoothly without any interruption.
3. If your employee is moving internationally then in that case you should check first whether he has got his passport ready or not. If the passport is ready then you need to work on the visa part. This is because only after getting the visa can he move to the specific overseas destination for attending the pre-fixed meeting.
4. You should also take the permission of other partners or stakeholders so that no confusion arises. If all the partners agree to the same point and finalise the employee who will move for your company then only the travel needs to be planned well. This is quite a necessary step especially where the company is being owned by multiple partners. If the stakeholders are paid then they need to be communicated well for having a fair discussion.
5. You should also make necessary arrangements so that your employee can also get some free hours for personal activities during the course of the trip. This is very much essential to give a proper space to the employee otherwise he will not be able to concentrate on the work he has been assigned for.
A proper corporate travel management is always needed especially if your company organises business tours for the whole year round.Appoint an expert tour-manager having experience of arranging business tours before.